Please Help!!!! Stop At Disaster With A Tiara!

Decorating By kmdrysdale Updated 10 Mar 2011 , 8:46pm by kmdrysdale

kmdrysdale Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 7:30pm
post #1 of 9

I have a friend little girls first birthday cakes due on Saturday. They asked if i could make a pillow with a tiara on it and i had tons of time well my first attempt at it fail when i took it off. So i did another one and it had time to dry and today i was adding a big of color and i was going to be done.
Well i have a few kids here today and a 6 month old boy. I went to get my baby and i left it on the table( i was only going to be gone for a few mins when i heard one of the kids i am watching say Oh oh it broke( The girl has fetal alcohol syndrome Not her fault she really did not know) but now i and here just feeling sick. What can i do? fondant/ gumpaste won't harden in that about of time! Will it?
I am making it out of MMF with Tylose powder? Any ideas? I really do not want to call and tell her that her princess can't have her crown.

My kids know better to touch it so i did not think much about turning my back. Now i know not too.

PLEASE HELP

8 replies
TexasSugar Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 7:45pm
post #2 of 9

I made one using candy melts because I didn't have enough time for the other stuff to dry. It worked out fine. So that could be an option.

kmdrysdale Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 7:54pm
post #3 of 9

Is there instructions somewhere for using that? I am still kinda new to decorating

Will regular chocolate work?? I really would like to not go into the city (45 mins away)

CoutureCakeCreations Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 7:58pm
post #4 of 9

You can check out mine in my pictures. I used an extruder and some thick gumglue to stick it together. Use saran wrap instead of wax paper on your can. If you have a fan use it all night and it should be dry enough to handle and airbrush tomorrow. i made mine the day before and it was dry and sturdy the next morning. Hope this helps!

cookie_fun Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 8:11pm
post #5 of 9

I agree that the candy melts will harden in enough time. You could also do one out of royal icing. I've done a bunch in RI and they dry quick too.

holliellen Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 8:13pm
post #6 of 9

I think chocolate would work too!

Herekittykitty Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 8:20pm
post #7 of 9

I used RI. On parchment taped to the can, not wax paper. Place in front of a fan to help dry.

BrindysBackyard Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 8:32pm
post #8 of 9

i have used a food dehydrator to speed up dry time

kmdrysdale Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 8:46pm
post #9 of 9

I will likely try all of those ideas just so I can have one lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%