Cupcake Nightmare

Baking By josefina20 Updated 11 Mar 2011 , 2:53am by prettypixies

josefina20 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
josefina20 Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 5:03pm
post #1 of 7

........hello everyone, i have this problem when baking cupcakes. The cupcake liner that i place in the cupcake mold, always comes out ugly, sloppy, and after the cupcake cools off, the paper liner peal off of the cupcake. Please someone help me, what is the secret to make my cupcake look beautiful, so i can decorate them. icon_cry.gif Thanks

6 replies
prettypixies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prettypixies Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 5:53pm
post #2 of 7

I've had that same problem. The oils in the cake soak thru and defeat the purpose of a pretty wrapper. The only thing I've noticed that helps is double wrappers. I've accidentally done that and realized how it looked pretty..then I noticed it was because I accidentally had 2 wrappers in the cup, lol. Or the trusty foil papers always look nice.

I haven't really looked, but maybe there are some better quality papers you can get out there that won't look icky?

lynmn2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lynmn2 Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 6:25pm
post #3 of 7

I think its the baking cups as I've had that problem. I switched cups and didn't have that problem anymore. Try the nordic cups brand. Check out www.fancyflours.com they sell some good baking cups including nordic.

Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 9:58pm
post #4 of 7

In my experience, it could be due to one or a combination of the following three reasons:
1: using el cheapo cupcake liners
2: overbaking
3: not removing the cupcakes from the pan as soon as you have taken the pan from the oven

Having said that, this would happen to me all the time with one chocolate cupcake recipe. Sometimes only one or two cupcakes, sometimes most of the batch. I was using excellent quality liners, not overbaking, and I would literally burn my fingers getting the cupcakes out of the pan quick enough. I ended up changing my recipe, and it has not happened since.

So, this probably isn't much help really, but it may give you some things to think about!

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 10:21pm
post #5 of 7

I find certain scratch recipes pull away from the liners just like they'd pull away from the pan sides if you bake them in pans.

josefina20 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
josefina20 Posted 11 Mar 2011 , 1:54am
post #6 of 7

Ok, thanks to or all the great ideas. I was wondering if anyone, has baked the cupcake with double liners. Does it worked?

prettypixies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prettypixies Posted 11 Mar 2011 , 2:53am
post #7 of 7

Well, I don't overbake, and I burn my fingers too, getting them from the oven so it must be el-cheapo liners, lol!! The last ones I bought were from Michael's...Wilton, actually, so I thought they'd be better, but they weren't. I'm making cupcakes to go with a Wizard of Oz cake later this month, and I found the blue gingham print like Dorothy's dress so I was all excited. It also came with green and red gingham, so I used those for other cupcakes, and they soaked thru. icon_sad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%