Beginners Wilton Class

Decorating By kneenah Updated 10 Mar 2011 , 5:29pm by redroses40

kneenah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kneenah Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 4:43pm
post #1 of 7

I am going today after work to sign up for the wilton class beginners class but to those who have taken it I know they give u a list of things to bring... Can anyone tell me what is it that i need to buy for the class?

6 replies
scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 4:51pm
post #2 of 7

You need the kit. I'm not sure about icing or a practice cake on the first class. Definitely bring some type of wipes, or you will end up eating the icing on your hands. A trash bag as a drop cloth is good to keep any mess contained. You will need a cake carrier or a box, but by the time you buy a box every week, you could have had the carrier. If you are like everyone else, you will buy a gadget or two every week, so hopefully you are taking the class where there are coupons, like Michael's.

kneenah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kneenah Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 5:03pm
post #3 of 7

:0( no i am not taking it in micheals cuz micheals only provides them on saturdays and doesnt work for me.. I wonder if they give me the list and i go to micheals and buy the stuff..he he... I am sooooo excited.. I have to make a cake for my friends son first bday and i fel this class was needed just so i can ask all the questions i want and make sure how i have been doing my cakes is the right way.. thanks a mill.. Ill def update you once i am done with my first classs... SOOOOO EXCITED

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 5:08pm
post #4 of 7

I would definitely go to Michael's to get the coupon. Good Luck! It's a fun class.

shannycakers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannycakers Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 5:12pm
post #5 of 7

hello! your going to have so much fun, here is what you need:

cookies-6 sugar cookies to decorate the tops
icing (medium consistency)
basics kit

KASCARLETT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KASCARLETT Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 5:12pm
post #6 of 7

Hobby Lobby has coupons too if that's where you are going. Definatley take a roll of paper towels! You will be glad you did! And little plastic grocery bags are great for trash that you WILL have! lol

They will give you a list. All you really need before you go to the first class is the kit. They will tell you what other stuff you may need/want to get (as far as decorating goes). The kit should include whatever you need for the first coarse.

Have fun!

redroses40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redroses40 Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 5:29pm
post #7 of 7

As a Wilton Instructor for the local Jo-Ann store you will receive after signing up a complete list of items needed to bring in addition to the Lesson Plan booklet and kit. I recommend all students purchase the booklet and kit (at the very least). Keep in mind there is a special running March 26 & 27 that you can buy one class and get one free. It doesn't apply to the Decorating Basics class but if you are going to do all three Wilton classes it's a great deal. Have fun on your new adventure into cake decorating!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%