Airbrush (Which One To Get) Pllllzzzzzz Help!

Decorating By MHubbard Updated 17 Mar 2011 , 6:55pm by mimi1218

MHubbard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MHubbard Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 4:35pm
post #1 of 7

I am looking to get an airbrush for my home use, KopyKake is a very nice airbrush i have used it when i worked at food lion but that is a 300.00 airbrush and I just dont have that kind of money. I am looking for something efficient and dependable with air control on it. I just dont know what to get they have a lot on ebay for good prices but I dont want to pay 80 and get the one thats not as good when I could have paid 85 or whatever the price may be for the better one. So my question is this: What type of airbrush do you use, do you like it, and can you tell me a little about it? TIA!

6 replies
erilay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erilay Posted 17 Mar 2011 , 5:18pm
post #2 of 7

Help... I have to buy one today and I am confussed? I don't want to spend more than 100 dollars. Anyone?
I see these protable ones on ebay for cheap but I am not sure if they are junk.
Salon air is one of them. Please help asap... thanks so much.

Sassy74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sassy74 Posted 17 Mar 2011 , 6:12pm
post #3 of 7

I have the TC-20, that I bought from tcpglobal on ebay. It came with the hoses, gun, and 12 large bottles of airbrush colors for cakes. It works great, perfect for what I do, and TCP's customer service is AMAZING.

When I first bought it, I got a smaller airbrush, and there was a problem with the way it pumped up. I called them, and they IMMEDIATELY got back in touch with me, and sent me a new compressor. They didn't even want me to send the old one back! Well, they happened to be out of the model I'd bought, so they sent me a MORE EXPENSIVE model as a replacement. And, I got it very quickly. They were very easy to deal with, went out of their way to make it right, and I love the product. I've had it for about a year and a half, use it a good bit, and I love it.

gbbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gbbaker Posted 17 Mar 2011 , 6:38pm
post #4 of 7

I am interested in getting an airbrush and cannot find the TC-20 on there site.

gbbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gbbaker Posted 17 Mar 2011 , 6:40pm
post #5 of 7

Is it the G34? airbrush.

Sassy74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sassy74 Posted 17 Mar 2011 , 6:53pm
post #6 of 7

I've looked through their ebay store, and I think this is the original set I bought.

http://cgi.ebay.com/CAKE-DECORATING-AIRBRUSH-KIT-12-Food-Colors-Compressor-/390290408257?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5adf1f0341

But, when I had a problem, this is the airbrush they replaced it with, so this is the one I use now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/CAKE-DECORATING-AIRBRUSH-KIT-24-Food-Colors-Compressor-/200577786588?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eb35e22dc

I have the compressor/tank combo in this last link, not the whole set. If you had the $$$, this would be an AWESOME set to buy!

mimi1218 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mimi1218 Posted 17 Mar 2011 , 6:55pm
post #7 of 7

I have the TC-20 too. I am still learning how to use it, but so far I really like it. I ordered it off of Amazon

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%