Wilton Tall Cakes Class

Decorating By TiffySue Updated 11 Mar 2011 , 12:17am by icer101

TiffySue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TiffySue Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 4:11pm
post #1 of 5

I was at Michaels yesterday and they were advertising a new class.. It's one day for a block of 3 hours, called Tall Cakes. I'm just wondering if anyone has tried this class and if it's a good one??

Thanks! icon_smile.gif

4 replies
MHubbard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MHubbard Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 4:41pm
post #2 of 5

They used to offer it as a 4th class that was the full 4 session course, but it repeats a lot of information given in the other 3 classes. So they got rid of it and turned it into a one day thing where they give you all new information on stacking and things like that, from what i understand its very informative, a friend of mine took it about a month or two ago. Hope that helps!

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 5:01pm
post #3 of 5

WMI here...

Wilton came up with the tall cakes class because in their new 4 week courses they don't cover stacking cakes any more.

The Tall Cakes Class is a 3 hour class that will go through how to do a tiered cake. Your instructor will show you how to use dowels as well as plates and pillars.

You will bring a 6in and 10in cake already iced, and some icing to make decorations or some premade decorations to decorate the cake with. There is some shopping time in the middle of the class so you can pick up the supplies you need to stack/pillar and then you will decorate your cake in class.

TiffySue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TiffySue Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 11:50pm
post #4 of 5

thank you! I think I'll give it a go, something fun to learn new things and get out of the house! icon_lol.gif

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 11 Mar 2011 , 12:17am
post #5 of 5

I teach it , and the students , so far really enjoy it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%