Tip Question

Baking By Chonte Updated 11 Mar 2011 , 10:13pm by Paperfishies

Chonte Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 2:32am
post #1 of 6

i do alot of cupcakes and i generally use the wilton 1M tip, but in alot of cake shows i see giant tips, like a giant round and a giant star? does wilton make giant tips? whats a good brand to look for? TIA

5 replies
kakeladi Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 2:38am
post #2 of 6

Wilton does make a lot of them. You may have to order on line or through their catalog (aka: YearBook) as stores usually only carry what is popular/sells well.

Sangriacupcake Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 2:50am
post #3 of 6

These are the "giant" tips you're looking for. I have a set and they work great.


scp1127 Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 7:57am
post #4 of 6

My local cake store has them all. They are so much fun to work with. Even if you have to order them, they are worth it. My favorite is similar to the star, but the edges of the star are rounded.

Chonte Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 8:12am
post #5 of 6

Awesome!! thanks everyone!

Paperfishies Posted 11 Mar 2011 , 10:13pm
post #6 of 6

The giant tips you see people using are the Ateco tips...Numbers 807 (large round tip) and number 828 A very large star tip...I love using these tips top decorate cupcakes. Gigi's Cupcakes uses these to pipe their icing on as well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%