How To Pipe Black Onto Fondant

Decorating By wildwolves Updated 10 Mar 2011 , 7:21am by corpsequeen

wildwolves Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wildwolves Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 2:01am
post #1 of 3

HI everyone..
I have a request from a customer who wants black lace on her wedding cake..I have been looking at http://www.makeyourownmolds.com/how-to-lace-mold Has anyone had experience in making these? I have never done it before and i am concerned that the black might bleed onto the white fondant.. She would like black hearts piped around the cake as well.. again another issue about bleeding. Does anyone have an tips? Any help will be much appreciated.
Thanks Rach xx

2 replies
m_willford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m_willford Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 6:58am
post #2 of 3

All I know is that if you get any condensation the black will bleed. Hopefully someone else will post with more advice, but I'm thinking to just avoid put it in the fridge or watch the humidity in your kitchen.

Sounds like it will be gorgeous though! I love when people use bold color on a wedding cake, and what is more bold than black on white?

corpsequeen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
corpsequeen Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 7:21am
post #3 of 3

I've never done an intricate black fondant design but I can tell you if you use too much glue/water/adhesive it will make the black bleed. Try practicing on some scraps before doing it on the cake.

As for piping black, I've done it with no problems. I bought the pre-colored can of frosting from the buttercream because it doesn't taste bad compared to mixing it with gel colors. I just squeezed it into my piping bag and piped onto the cake no problem! It also crusts which is helpful icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%