Round Cake Pans. What's Your Favorite...

Decorating By tokazodo Updated 14 Mar 2011 , 5:41pm by cvoges

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 13 Mar 2011 , 8:48pm
post #31 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcakeboy85

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwonderbuns

The decorator preferred are very similar to the magic line pans. The other wilton pans aren't great at all.

What makes them not good?

In my experience the way they bake up (or not), the color of the final product after it's baked and the way the pans themselves hold up (or rather don't hold up.) I also don't like the shape of the cakes -- meaning the edges -- when the cakes are finished. But that's just me. icon_rolleyes.gif

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 14 Mar 2011 , 12:53pm
post #32 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by platinumlady

does anyone have the website to magic line? I tried to google it but only finding other merchants that may carry a few items...TIA

Magic line doesn't sell direct to customers.
You can find them at globalsugarts.com, kitchenkrafts.com, cakepans4less.com and many other cake supply websites online.

tryingcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tryingcake Posted 14 Mar 2011 , 5:18pm
post #33 of 34

I will never understand who decided cake pans should lean out. Isn't that weird? And I certainly will never understand why Wilton chose to go this route rather than a more commercially shaped pan.

I place all my cake pans in the dishwasher. I don't care if they turn color. It has not changed how the pan bakes at all. It just turns color. My favorite pans are about 10 years old and have always hit the dishwasher. Still baking great.

cvoges Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cvoges Posted 14 Mar 2011 , 5:41pm
post #34 of 34

Like so many people, I started out with Wilton pans. Over the years, I've replaced those with Fat Daddio's and Magic Line. My square pans are Fat Daddio's and my round pans are Magic Line. I quickly discovered that making the switch to a better quality pan made all the difference in my cakes. I love them both!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%