Help!!cake Dress That Looks Like It's On A Mannequin

Decorating By TickeyT Updated 11 Mar 2011 , 4:09pm by TickeyT

TickeyT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TickeyT Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 8:06pm
post #1 of 6

Hi
I have seen some wonderful cakes that look like a woman's torso. Just like the one from Pink Cake Box. Do any one know what frame is being used. Thanks for any help that you can provide. icon_biggrin.gif

http://blog.pinkcakebox.com/party-dress-cake-2008-05-17.htm

5 replies
irishnonna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
irishnonna Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 3:11am
post #2 of 6

There is a tutorial on this site for making a 3D wedding dress cake. The top half of the body is made with fondant and the lower half is cake. I hope this helps.

TickeyT Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 7:17am
post #3 of 6

Thanks, I know the tutorial that you are talking about....but that is not what I am looking for. This is for a small cake. I want to make it look almost life size.

Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 11 Mar 2011 , 12:38am
post #4 of 6

http://www.flickr.com/photos/smallthingsiced/3384359939/
I know there is one more, I have to search, will post after i find it

Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 11 Mar 2011 , 1:16am
post #5 of 6

I can't find it, I know it was on a blog somewhere, but since I have to use proxies to opne blogs, i can't save them to my favourites. it was a spanish style dress, if I remember correctly. You need a thick firm wooden base, larger than the cake. screw in a metall pipe (stand) and on top of that you affix a cake board, onto which you sculpt the cake. the bust part, if I remember correctly was rice crispie. If you need all cake then make it the way on the previous link above, otherwise just make the part under the bust, cake

TickeyT Posted 11 Mar 2011 , 4:09pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks so much Ursula40..I appreciate all your help!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%