What Kind Of Border?

Decorating By JustGettinStarted Updated 9 Mar 2011 , 7:59pm by sewsweet2

JustGettinStarted Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 7:12pm
post #1 of 4

I normally do fondant cakes and don't usually use a border, but I'm doing a white buttercream cake with white scrolls on it as an anniversary gift to my friend. I don't have a clue what type of boder to use at the base! Any ideas what normally go there? TIA!

3 replies
CWR41 Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 7:17pm
post #2 of 4

I like a regular shell border for the base. If there's a top border too, I like the reverse shell.

sewsweet2 Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 7:59pm
post #4 of 4

If I'm piping scrolls with a writing tip, I tend to do a bead border. This is similar to a shell border but using a larger writing tip (eg. #8 or #10).

Quote by @%username% on %date%