How Do You Make A Logo On A Cake To Look Like An Actual One

Decorating By Jmob Updated 23 Mar 2011 , 6:07pm by sully112099

Jmob Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 6:44pm
post #1 of 7

So I have a cricut cake and just getting to learn all about it but I have someone who wants a Hannah Montana cake and I would like to make a Hannah montana logo to look just like the actual one. Is there a software out there that I can copy one from the internet and use it on my cricut cake. Or is there another way of doing it that I just haven't figured it out yet. I would like to use fondant.

6 replies
KarolynAndrea Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 6:52pm
post #2 of 7

Print out the logo the size you want it on Microsoft Word or a similar program. You may have to print 2 or 3 of the same size logo.
Cut out the logo and place it on fondant that has dried a bit. Put a little crisco on the back of the paper to keep it in place. Trace lightly with a toothpick. Cut out the design with an xacto knife. Hope that's not too confusing!

tiggy2 Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 6:54pm
post #3 of 7

Make The Cut software works with the cricut and you can use any image you find on the internet.

Jmob Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 10:47pm
post #4 of 7

Thank you all so much I really appreciate the comments, any other idea's or comments you can give is very appreciated!

JulieMN Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 11:08pm
post #5 of 7

You will want to make sure that you have permission to use the logo....here are some recent/current posts on copyright issues:

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-711930-.html
http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-711854-.html

tiggy2 Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 12:52am
post #6 of 7

If you are doing it for free it's not an issue, however if you're selling then it's a no no.

sully112099 Posted 23 Mar 2011 , 6:07pm
post #7 of 7

or you can do what I do and if you got neighbors that draw good due to their Art Work in High School and College then you print out a picture of what you want on the cake.

Frost the cake, put it in the fridge so that the frosting gets hard, flatten out the lines. Then put back in the fridge.

Take a tooth pick and sceatch out the picture with the tooth pic on the frosting.

Fill in with colors needed.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%