Teaching A Class Of 50. Have You Done This?

Decorating By Tellis12 Updated 10 Mar 2011 , 12:43am by MimiFix

Tellis12 Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 6:30pm
post #1 of 4

I've been asked to teach a short cupcake decorating course for 50 women. They want it to take about an hour so I'm planning some very simple techniques. I thought I'd have them do 4 cupcakes each and have everything prebagged and made up ahead of time so all they have to do is squeeze out the icing in the right places! Has anyone ever taught a large class like this and do you have any suggestions? I used to teach Wilton but my classes never got over 15.

What is the least expensive place to buy large quantities of tips and bags, as well as cupcake boxes?

Thanks!

3 replies
zespri Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 12:23am
post #2 of 4

I never have, but my first thought is that it would be a LOT of work for you to prepare all those piping bags. Whereas it would take a lot less time to have ten bowls made up with icing, and have five women to each bowl fill their own bags - that could be part of the lesson.

bobwonderbuns Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 12:34am
post #3 of 4

I'd get a couple 100 count boxes of decorator bags and a some parchment bags too. Then make THEM fill them -- that will help them in the long run. I teach all the time but 50 people icon_eek.gif well, best o' luck to ya mon! icon_lol.gif

MimiFix Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 12:43am
post #4 of 4

I teach, and limit each class to 12 students. I couldn't imagine teaching 50 people, most of whom will have questions and need help. You should have an assistant, at the VERY least. And I sure hope you charge a lot for this feat. Good luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%