Sugar Crystals?

Decorating By sweetviolet Updated 12 Mar 2011 , 4:49pm by sharlanet

sweetviolet Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 6:25pm
post #1 of 7

Hi everyone! I have a bride requesting that her cake be covered in sugar crystals, can anyone help me out on this and tell me a. Where I can find the cheapest product (she wants an entire 3 tier cake covered) b. any tips or tricks on putting the crystals on and making sure they stick and stay?

6 replies
KSMill Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 6:48pm
post #3 of 7

I don't know how large your tiers are, but I buy mine from Country Kitchen Sweet Art countrykitchensa . com and they're 2.30/1 lb bag. I would probably get 2 bags. It takes less than you think.

sweetviolet Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 8:29pm
post #4 of 7

Thanks so much! Those links to the other posts were great, I wonder why I didn't see them when I searched it? Anyway thanks again and I'll go to that site to order as well! Wish me luck!

TexasSugar Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 9:13pm
post #5 of 7

There is a key to searching here.

1. Use the search link that is located under the forums and articles tab, not the search tab.
2. Place the word 'and' in between your key words.

If you search "sugar crystals on cakes" it will pull up ever post that has those words in them. Meaning every thread that has 'sugar', every thread that has 'crystals', every thread that has 'on', and every thread that has 'cakes'.

If you search "sugar and crystals and cakes" it will pull up threads that have all three of those words in them.

sweetviolet Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 11:05am
post #6 of 7

Nice! Thanks!

sharlanet Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 4:49pm
post #7 of 7

Oooh, thanks for those search tips, TexasSugar! The search function on this site has always frustrated me!

Quote by @%username% on %date%