Will This Cake Still Be Good?

Decorating By Bubbl3h3ad Updated 9 Mar 2011 , 6:19pm by Bubbl3h3ad

Bubbl3h3ad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bubbl3h3ad Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 5:59pm
post #1 of 4

I had a cake that I thought was due on Thursday. Turns out it is not due until Friday. I started on it on Tuesday evening. I frosted it, put fondant on it and was planning to finish it today (Wednesday) and deliver on Thursday. Today the person told me it was for Friday. Will it still be good by then? It does not have anything perishable in it, just regular cake with buttercream frosting, covered with MMF.

3 replies
DeezTreatz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeezTreatz Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 6:01pm
post #2 of 4

It should be just fine!
My cakes are usually always ready one day before..
ex. bake wed - decorate thurs - deliver fri - and it's still eaten for a couple days after - no problem if it is done 2 days before!

Keep it in the fridge and bring it out when they come to pick it up! icon_smile.gif

lissacarol Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lissacarol Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 6:08pm
post #3 of 4

I use to make cakes for a caterer and we baked (buttercream cakes)on Wednesday for Saturday weddings and they were always moist and yummy! That icing seals in the moisture! HTH

Bubbl3h3ad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bubbl3h3ad Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 6:19pm
post #4 of 4

Are you guys serious?! Oh my Goodness, I'm so relieved! AND this also helps me out because I have a full time job and I would come home and take cakes out of the freezer on Friday and stay up half the night to get it done for Saturday. Glad to know I can start a bit ahead! Thanks for the info!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%