Bling Bling!

Decorating By lissacarol Updated 9 Mar 2011 , 5:09pm by cathyscakes

lissacarol Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lissacarol Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 3:13pm
post #1 of 9

Does anyone know where to get the "bling banding" that I see on a lot of cakes? Um...reasonable that is?

8 replies
kimrockaz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimrockaz Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 3:28pm
post #2 of 9

This is a place I found online, haven't ordered from there yet but they have some fun things HTH Diamond Party Confetti

mmmmmmmmcake1954 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmmmmmmmcake1954 Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 3:31pm
post #3 of 9

Hi lissacarol, I'm in the UK and I've just bought some from ebay to go around the ankle strap of a gumpaste shoe I am making, we can get it in the haberdashery dept of department stores and various other small outlets, where do you live?

buttercuppie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
buttercuppie Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 3:32pm
post #4 of 9

I've used Diamond Party Confetti...didn't have a problem with them and the customer service was good.

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 3:36pm
post #5 of 9

I've seen some at Hobby Lobby...in the wedding section of the store.

lissacarol Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lissacarol Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 4:10pm
post #6 of 9

I will check out diamond party confetti. I live in KY and in the town I live in all we have is hobby lobby and michaels. Our hobby lobby does have some bling but it is single strands and starts at around $10/yd which might sound cheap but if you are wanting them to show up you would need multiple rows so that is my dilema. Thanks!!

babycakes24132 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babycakes24132 Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 4:33pm
post #7 of 9

Try this website http://weddedglitz.com/index.php They have 2, 5 and 10 rows of crystal banding for wedding cakes. I am using this for my daughter's wedding cake. Good luck and let me know how it goes for you!

sweetcakesbyjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakesbyjen Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 4:50pm
post #8 of 9

Hobby Lobby puts out a 40% off one item every other week right now, and you can print it off of their website and maybe use that for it. I'm not sure, but I think it would be off a single cut of ribbon/fabric. So once you know how much you need, just get one long cut and use the 40% off. HTH!

cathyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyscakes Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 5:09pm
post #9 of 9

I found some in walmart in the fabric department where all of the ribbons are. They are cheap, not as pretty as the expensive ones, but would work for a more economical option.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%