Bling Bling!

Decorating By lissacarol Updated 9 Mar 2011 , 5:09pm by cathyscakes

lissacarol Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 3:13pm
post #1 of 9

Does anyone know where to get the "bling banding" that I see on a lot of cakes? Um...reasonable that is?

8 replies
kimrockaz Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 3:28pm
post #2 of 9

This is a place I found online, haven't ordered from there yet but they have some fun things HTH Diamond Party Confetti

mmmmmmmmcake1954 Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 3:31pm
post #3 of 9

Hi lissacarol, I'm in the UK and I've just bought some from ebay to go around the ankle strap of a gumpaste shoe I am making, we can get it in the haberdashery dept of department stores and various other small outlets, where do you live?

buttercuppie Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 3:32pm
post #4 of 9

I've used Diamond Party Confetti...didn't have a problem with them and the customer service was good.

ddaigle Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 3:36pm
post #5 of 9

I've seen some at Hobby the wedding section of the store.

lissacarol Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 4:10pm
post #6 of 9

I will check out diamond party confetti. I live in KY and in the town I live in all we have is hobby lobby and michaels. Our hobby lobby does have some bling but it is single strands and starts at around $10/yd which might sound cheap but if you are wanting them to show up you would need multiple rows so that is my dilema. Thanks!!

babycakes24132 Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 4:33pm
post #7 of 9

Try this website They have 2, 5 and 10 rows of crystal banding for wedding cakes. I am using this for my daughter's wedding cake. Good luck and let me know how it goes for you!

sweetcakesbyjen Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 4:50pm
post #8 of 9

Hobby Lobby puts out a 40% off one item every other week right now, and you can print it off of their website and maybe use that for it. I'm not sure, but I think it would be off a single cut of ribbon/fabric. So once you know how much you need, just get one long cut and use the 40% off. HTH!

cathyscakes Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 5:09pm
post #9 of 9

I found some in walmart in the fabric department where all of the ribbons are. They are cheap, not as pretty as the expensive ones, but would work for a more economical option.

Quote by @%username% on %date%