Decorating By MisWheels Updated 10 Mar 2011 , 3:55am by KarolynAndrea

MisWheels Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 12:55pm
post #1 of 6

Can you guys give me your recipe? I'm wondering about the consistency of my own. Seems a little thick should it be this way or more pliable like play doh? Mine always is more like clay. THX in advance!

5 replies
jamiekwebb Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 1:26pm
post #2 of 6

16 oz bag of Marshmallows
2 lbs sifted powder sugar
2 TBSP liquid ( I use a mix of vanilla and water)

Melt marshmallows and liquid until smooth in microwave ,stirring often.
Knead in as much sugar as possible. It will be dry and kinda tough. Coat with shortening ,place in ziploc bag and let sit for at least 8 hours.

ShandraB Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 1:57pm
post #3 of 6

This is my favorite recipe and method. I don't melt the marshmallows completely to liquid.

If your MMF is too clay-like you may just need to knead it more. You can also try adding small amounts of vegetable shortening as you knead it to soften it.

jones5cm Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 2:11pm
post #4 of 6

I use the same recipe as jamiekwebb; but I don't always use the entire 2 pound bag of PS. I just knead it until it feels like the correct consistancy; it also just takes practice to get the feel of iticon_smile.gif Keep trying, you'll get it right! HTH.

lovinlife11 Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 2:25pm
post #5 of 6

I made black fondant from chocolate mmf recipe on Sunday. My question is, does it harden like fondx or other store bought fondant?

KarolynAndrea Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 3:55am
post #6 of 6

I do the recipe that MisWheels does, but I put a 1/2 cup of Crisco in it too. 1/2 cup Crisco on bottom of bowl. Add 1/2 of the sugar. Add Melted marshmallows/water mixture. Mix with dough hook until incorporated. Add rest of sugar until you get desired consistency. Since I started adding the 1/2 cup of Crisco, I found that it is much easier to work with.

Quote by @%username% on %date%