Sheeter Alternative?

Decorating By msslssd Updated 10 Mar 2011 , 5:18pm by weirkd

msslssd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msslssd Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 3:56am
post #1 of 8

I used to own a bakery and it didn't work out, but I'm starting to do things on the side again. At the bakery I had a wonderful Somerset sheeter that I used for my no fail sugar cookies. I loved it! It was easy to use, the consistency of the product was great and most importanty, it saved my arms.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what could be used at home that would do the same thing? I like for my cookies to be about 1/2" thick. I know thicker than normal, but that is what people liked. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them!

Thank you!!!

7 replies
pmarks0 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pmarks0 Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 4:56am
post #2 of 8

Is a pasta roller too small? I've read where some use one to roll fondant.

msslssd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msslssd Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 3:42pm
post #3 of 8

I thought about that and have been looking at them, but from what I can tell they roll too thin? I need something that is about 1/2" thick. Do you know if there is a pasta roller that rolls that thick?

pmarks0 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pmarks0 Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 4:30pm
post #4 of 8

No, sorry. I've not used mine in a while and I'm not sure how wide it would adjust.

Bubbl3h3ad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bubbl3h3ad Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 4:45pm
post #5 of 8

I could swear I posted this already so sorry if this is a duplicate. I found a clay slabber on the Internet. Here is the link. Looks like it may let you make it thicker but I'm not sure.

http://www.baileypottery.com/slabrollers/drd2.htm

BrindysBackyard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrindysBackyard Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 4:56pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbl3h3ad

I could swear I posted this already so sorry if this is a duplicate. I found a clay slabber on the Internet. Here is the link. Looks like it may let you make it thicker but I'm not sure.

i like the idea less $$ than a sheeter, but would it be food safe??

Bubbl3h3ad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bubbl3h3ad Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 5:09pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindysBackyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbl3h3ad

i like the idea less $$ than a sheeter, but would it be food safe??

Hopefully someone else will chime in and let us know...

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 5:18pm
post #8 of 8

Pasta machine would be way too thin. Its meant for rolling out thin pasta. The only question about the pottery slab if you can adjust it like a sheeter?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%