Following Up With Brides After Bridal Show...how Soon?

Business By Normita Updated 9 Mar 2011 , 10:19am by indydebi

Normita Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 2:12am
post #1 of 13

I just did a bridal show 2 weeks ago and was wondering how soon and what to say to brides?

Some of the weddings are for this year and some for next year. I want to book some orders but dont want to be pushy.

Any pointers?

12 replies
LKing12 Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 2:28am
post #2 of 13

I would have already sent them a post card or note telling them that it was good to talk with them and offering my services.

cmehend Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 2:44am
post #3 of 13

At the next bridal show you do, offer brides a discount (say 10%) if they book a free consultation with you while they are at the show. That way, at least you get one more chance to sell them on you.

Normita Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 2:47am
post #4 of 13

Well i guess I'm behind schedule!!

Do you think its best for an email, phone call, or a letter/postcard to their home address??

LKing12 Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 2:54am
post #5 of 13

Through the mail gives them something to touch and keep. Some people do not open emails from people they do not know or answer their phones from unknown numbers.

Normita Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 3:01am
post #6 of 13

Thanks for the suggestions....going to go to the store to buy some postcards today and send them off tomorrow.

Do you think its a good idea to send something to those brides who indicated on the registration form they were not interested in a cake?

VaBelle Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 3:06am
post #7 of 13

I think now would be a good time. I'm not big on spending a lot of time on the phone so I like the postcard idea, but admit the phone is probably more personal. I would thank them for visitng your booth, remind them of any specials or offers you were offering if any, remind them of how they can contact you, and ask if they have any questions.

VaBelle Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 3:07am
post #8 of 13

Yes! Sending a nice thank you for visiting might change their minds or have them looking your way for their next cake.

LKing12 Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 3:08am
post #9 of 13

For those who said they weren't interested you could just say thanks for your time-you were glad that they came by-wish them success. That just leaves a good last impression.

Normita Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 3:24am
post #10 of 13

Thanks for those suggestions!!

Just want to say that the bridal show was Feb 27th but the bridal show coordinator did not email the bride list until today icon_wink.gif

But was just wondering how soon was too soon icon_smile.gif

Thanks again!!

Hope I book some orders icon_biggrin.gif

indydebi Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 5:10am
post #11 of 13

Its never too soon. Since it can be difficult to know which brides actually visited the booth, I'd be careful about "thanks for visiting my booth". Nothing is more insulting to me than to get something like that from someone I've never spoken to.

I worded mine with "Thanks for attending the show and I hope you found lots of ideas for your wedding. Attached is some add'l information. After looking it over, I invite you to call for a personal consultation appt to discuss your wedding cake. Our time slots fill up quickly after a show, so give us a call quickly to secure a convenient time slot for you!!"

And no, I would not send anything to those who already have their cake taken care of.

Normita Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 5:19am
post #12 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Its never too soon. Since it can be difficult to know which brides actually visited the booth, I'd be careful about "thanks for visiting my booth". Nothing is more insulting to me than to get something like that from someone I've never spoken to.

I worded mine with "Thanks for attending the show and I hope you found lots of ideas for your wedding. Attached is some add'l information. After looking it over, I invite you to call for a personal consultation appt to discuss your wedding cake. Our time slots fill up quickly after a show, so give us a call quickly to secure a convenient time slot for you!!"

And no, I would not send anything to those who already have their cake taken care of.

Thanks Debi for your info icon_smile.gif I love your short and sweet message =)

For this particular bridal show every registered bride had to go to each vendors booth and have them sign a raffle ticket. So, I'm pretty sure I interacted with almost all the registered brides (I hope so) icon_wink.gif even if it was for a short minute.

And I think its not a good idea to get in contact with those brides not wanting a cake...I had a few brides come to my booth and stated "I just need my ticket signed off, and I already have my cake vendor". They were very short and did not let me even initiate a conversation.

Debi...I have many brides who are not getting married until mid next year. Do you think its a good idea to send another email/phone call/postcard once their date gets closer?

indydebi Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 10:19am
post #13 of 13

[quote="Normita"]For this particular bridal show every registered bride had to go to each vendors booth and have them sign a raffle ticket. So, I'm pretty sure I interacted with almost all the registered brides (I hope so) icon_wink.gif even if it was for a short minute.[/qupte]Oh I HATE those kind of shows! The ONLY reason most of them are at your booth is to get their ticket signed! But they HAVE to come to see you even if they've already ordered their cake ...a waste of time for everyone! At the show I did like that, I'd screen them by asking "Are we shopping for a cake today or do you already have that taken care of?" Instantly I know if I just need to sign and move on or if its worth the investment of further conversation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normita

Debi...I have many brides who are not getting married until mid next year. Do you think its a good idea to send another email/phone call/postcard once their date gets closer?

About 6 months or so prior to their date, just drop them a line, something like, "I'm just following up with some of my brides from the blah-blah show. If you're still shoppping for your wedding cake, we would be excited to help you create the cake of your dreams for your big day!"

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%