Red Ladybug Help Me!!!???!!!

Decorating By Tabithascakes Updated 9 Mar 2011 , 3:16am by Balusekc

Tabithascakes Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 1:50am
post #1 of 9

Ok so i have not had much luck in making red fondant in the past. and i have to do a ladybug cake for a friend. is there another color to add to mmf other than red to make it REALLY red? TY

8 replies
IDOCAKES2 Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 1:52am
post #2 of 9

Try Americolor Super Red. You only need a small amout to get a deep red.

blueirus Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 2:07am
post #3 of 9

I add red jello to my marshmellows before I mix with powder sugar and it works great! It makes almost a christmas red and makes the fondant easier to work with too!

artscallion Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 2:10am
post #4 of 9

Chefmaster super red also works really well.

yummy_in_my_tummy Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 2:20am
post #5 of 9

Color deepens in MMF the longer it sits. Have you ever put it in a plastic bag and left it on the counter for a few days? You'll notice, the bottom of the bag, where the MMF was sitting on the counter is a darker color.

What you want to do is make your MMF, let it sit overnight in a plastic bag. The next night, add more color, and keep kneeding. Do it a few nights in a row and you should have a nice deep red color.

chefjess819 Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 2:24am
post #6 of 9

seriouscakes has a video on youtube showing how she makes her bright bold red.

she uses orange, rose, and no-taste red.

icer101 Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 2:28am
post #7 of 9

I also love chefmaster super red. Red,REd . by bakery craft is great also. doesn,t take much.

Kread Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 2:52am
post #8 of 9

I haven't tried it yet, but I saw in another forum to use candy melts

Balusekc Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 3:16am
post #9 of 9

I also saw a post about the candy melts. But I have reached the point with black and red fondant and sometimes other colors I just order a small tub from I find their shipping to be reasonable, and prices too!

Quote by @%username% on %date%