Looking For The Name Of A Cake Tool

Decorating By not_the_cake_boss Updated 9 Mar 2011 , 1:17am by not_the_cake_boss

not_the_cake_boss Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 12:53am
post #1 of 4

Can I please ask you experts the name of a scratching tool I have seen used on fondant? I'm pretty sure I saw it on a TV cake show but when I google, I can't find anything. It is similar to a paintbrush but has a lot of little wires on the end. It was used on a dog cake to make the "fur" look realistic.


3 replies
CWR41 Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 1:03am
post #2 of 4

It's just a wire brush.

lilmissbakesalot Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 1:12am
post #3 of 4

It's a clay tool and they call it a scratch wire brush. You'll find them on clay tool sites and the like.


not_the_cake_boss Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 1:17am
post #4 of 4

Thank you guys very much!

Quote by @%username% on %date%