Ready To Pop A Blood Vessel-Vent

Lounge By karateka Updated 13 Mar 2011 , 9:23pm by karateka

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 8:45pm
post #1 of 7

I hate Cincinnati Bell. They suck. Hard.

I've been dealing with this for DAYS. They keep giving me the runaround on a warranty claim. To top that off, after every single time I get off the phone with them, they send me a friggin' email survey asking about my experience with their "help" desk!!!!

A R FREAKING KIDDING ME?????

GAH!

icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif

6 replies
ashleyb4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ashleyb4 Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 8:58pm
post #2 of 7

Have some fun with the email survey, especially if they have an "Additional comments" section. It may never get read, but it will sure as anything make YOU feel better icon_twisted.gif

karateka Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 9:03pm
post #3 of 7

I've filled out 4 of them. Nobody reads them or cares, obviously.

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 13 Mar 2011 , 5:41pm
post #4 of 7

Oh, don't even get me started on automated services, online surveys and the such. And the "this call may be monitored for quality assurances" bit. If anyone was actually monitoring those things they would see that people are fed up with talking to computers and (don't get me wrong, I think everyone deserves a job regardless of who they are)people that don't speak english well enough to understand you or to be understood. I don't have a problem with giving someone that doesn't speak good english a job, but PLEASE for goodness sake and all that is holy please for all my sanities sake, don't give them a job where their whole job consists of speaking to the public where it depends on them understanding you and you understanding them. My husband spent over an hour trying to make a women understand that he wanted to cancel our policy, and he finally had to ask for the manager who also didn't speak good english and spent another 15 minutes trying to make him understand that we upgraded our policy from the regular membership to the platinum membership and he needed to cancel the regular membership. This all by cellphone, eating away our minutes (we are on a limited plan) and no we don't have a regular landline because we never used it and cancelled it as well because you couldn't make anyone at the phone company understand that it didn't work half the time (also people who didn't speak good english). Ranting does help though. Filling out surveys DOESN'T, it just makes you more irritated because you know there is no one reading them.

karateka Posted 13 Mar 2011 , 6:19pm
post #5 of 7

I finally threatened both the insurance company and the phone company with a lawsuit and press involvement.

Suddenly they phone company wants to send me a new phone and the insurance people have the info all worked out, just call them and they'll send me a replacement phone per the warranty.

I haven't reacted yet....waiting to see of the phone shows up.

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 13 Mar 2011 , 7:28pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabecakes

people are fed up with talking to computers and (don't get me wrong, I think everyone deserves a job regardless of who they are)people that don't speak english well enough to understand you or to be understood. I don't have a problem with giving someone that doesn't speak good english a job, but PLEASE for goodness sake and all that is holy please for all my sanities sake, don't give them a job where their whole job consists of speaking to the public where it depends on them understanding you and you understanding them.

cabecakes, usually the call centers you are referring to aren't even in the U.S. They are outsourced due to cheaper labor in other countries. Most likely, you end up talking to someone in India, not Indiana!

karateka Posted 13 Mar 2011 , 9:23pm
post #7 of 7

With cinbell it's the phillipines. They make me so angry. If I hear "I do apologize for the inconvenience, ma'am" one more time icon_evil.gif

I want to punch someone in the face. Why say it if they don't mean it? Don't they know it just pisses us off????

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%