Air Brush Cleaner

Decorating By fabray13 Updated 8 Mar 2011 , 11:42pm by bisbqueenb

fabray13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fabray13 Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 7:17pm
post #1 of 7

Does anyone know of a cheap air brush cleaner? I usually order everything from GSA but could not find it on their site. I was given a few bottles when i bought my air brush so now i dont know where to but it. TIA![/b]

6 replies
fabray13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fabray13 Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 10:10pm
post #2 of 7

Bump!

Coral3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Coral3 Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 10:22pm
post #3 of 7

Do you have to have special cleaner for an airbrush? - I though people mostly just used water or vodka? (I don't have an airbrush myself though, so don't know if that is correct...) - ?

Cakesue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakesue Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 10:24pm
post #4 of 7

I just clean my airbrush with water after every use. I haven't had a problem so far and it's been a year. I also dry it pretty well with paper towel.

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 10:38pm
post #5 of 7

I use Windex! Yes, Windex!! It takes the color off your fingers as well! Just make sure you rinse it really well. But for like $3 you can get a boat load of airbrush cleaner and window cleaner, and finger cleaner,etc.

PistachioCranberry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PistachioCranberry Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 10:40pm
post #6 of 7

I bought cleaner with my airbrush thinking is was necessary. I still have an almost full bottle because I just use water now. It still works like it did when I first bought it.

bisbqueenb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bisbqueenb Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 11:42pm
post #7 of 7

The key is to keep it clean and not let the color dry in the cup and on the needle! Water is fine. IF you get some buildup of color, you can use the Windex or even a solution of water with a denture tablet dissolved in it! Francis Kyper, who taught airbrush classes for years, taught that in her classes years ago! My 35 year old airbrush still works like new....just had to replace a couple of needles over the years, and a compressor....but the brush itself is perfect.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%