Can't Find $99 Cricut Cake Mini At Joann's

Decorating By bethasd Updated 12 Mar 2011 , 4:13pm by bethasd

bethasd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethasd Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 7:11pm
post #1 of 11

Joann's has the Cricut Mini on sale for $99 but doesn't have it online or in my local store. What's up? Is it being discontinued or is backorder common? Any suggestions besides ebay?

10 replies
dldbrou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dldbrou Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 7:40pm
post #2 of 11

Bring flyer to the store and request one and if they cannot produce it as for a rain check. Maybe you can go online and put in the sales catalog number and order it that way. Good Luck

bethasd Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 7:42pm
post #3 of 11

Ugh, I spent 20 minutes at the store and they couldn't find the SKU. They had the sale price hanging in the aisle and were willing to order it for me but couldn't do it without the number. Kind of wondering if I've missed the boat.

Chonte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chonte Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 8:04pm
post #4 of 11
bethasd Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 8:33pm
post #5 of 11

When I try to add it to my my cart on the website I get a pop-up saying it is out of stock, not backordered. I put my email address in for contact when it becomes available but thought maybe some cake central person would know if there is a new model coming out or something.

Chonte Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 12:03am
post #6 of 11

i called my local Joanns, it's not being discontinued, it's just a sale. they are also offering the fullsize Cricut Cake for $299 the sale lasts until the 19th. my local store only had 1 left in stock and they are holding it for me till hubby gets home.. my advice is to call your local store and ask for a manager, see if you can get a rain check for one.

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 6:35am
post #7 of 11

I did the same thing. I entered my email addy to be notified, but haven't heard a thing since then. I've checked online a couple of times since then and it's still out of stock.

Chonte Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 5:16pm
post #8 of 11

Generally places receive shipments only once a week, ask a manager at your local store what day their truck comes in

bethasd Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 3:14pm
post #9 of 11

Today I was able to add it to my cart at joann.com . Hopefully that means I'm getting one!

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 7:49pm
post #10 of 11

Still out of stock for me.

bethasd Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 4:13pm
post #11 of 11

Blah, today I got an email from Joann cancelling my order because the item is "out of stock". thumbsdown.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%