Photo Album At Bridal Show

Business By sweetcakes Updated 12 Mar 2011 , 4:36am by dguerrant

sweetcakes Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 3:43pm
post #1 of 9

I hardly ever print up my photos anymore, but do you think it would be better to have an actual photo album at a bridal show booth? I wont have access to a power plug for a digital album, so am considering getting several (alot) of actual photos printed up. Do brides like to thumb through albums? and if you have albums do you price the cake in it?

8 replies
CaffeineKelli Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 4:57pm
post #2 of 9

I went to a bridal show yesterday to get an idea of the bakers in my area (I'm working on getting my kitchen licensed and ready to go by summer). The booths there did not have electric and every baker had a photo album that I looked through. Most had 4x6 photos in a standard photo album along with one or two cakes on their tables decorated and samples to give out.

One piece of advice is to be sure your display cake looks nice and your company name is obvious. Some tables were hard to tell what they were even selling since you couldn't see a name if you didnt walk right up to the table and some display cakes looked like they had been to too many shows and were not crisp and fresh.

Hope that helps...

indydebi Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 12:07am
post #3 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaffeineKelli

One piece of advice is to be sure your display cake looks nice and your company name is obvious. Some tables were hard to tell what they were even selling since you couldn't see a name if you didnt walk right up to the table .....

I used to see this mistake a LOT at conventions, trade shows, etal, when I was in the corporate world. Yeah, that booth/table looks pretty when you set it up and stand back to view it .... but NOW imagine what it looks like with 6 people all huddled up in front of it. You can't SEE the sign that's hanging on the front of the table, ding dongs! dunce.gificon_lol.gif

I'm surprised at no access to electrical at a show, though, because my favorite part of my booths was my powerpoint that was flipping thru hundreds of photos of cakes and catering displays! thumbs_up.gif . What are the event designers and DJ's going to do about their music and light systems? can't imagine a DJ being happy about having to stand there and just say "yeah, I play music." icon_eek.gif

Kitagrl Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 12:17am
post #4 of 9

I like making the digital photo albums online from like Picasso or Snapfish. I wait until they offer a really great sale and then I get a new one, every 6 mos or so.

kathie-d Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 12:46am
post #5 of 9

I always have several photo albums for the brides to view. At my first show I only had two, and quickly realized that wasn't enough....live and learn. Anyhow, they didn't have electricity at any of the shows I have done either, not for a reasonable price anyway so the books are a great alternative along with your great looking displays as Deb said. I bought mine at Wamart...I got white bridal ones that had wood covers and "love" etc on them. They held 2 pictures per page so it wasn't too much to look at at once. Anyway, I am rambling now...but hope that helps!

cakesbycathy Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 12:57am
post #6 of 9

I have 2 that I made through Shutterfly.

sweetcakes Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 4:17am
post #7 of 9

so would you say 4x6, 5x7 or 8x10, im edging to 8x10 but they're pretty pricy to get printed up.

kathie-d Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 4:19am
post #8 of 9

you can also get photo books printed, Walmart photolab and staples, etc make them. They are bteween 15-50 each and are beautiful.

dguerrant Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 4:36am
post #9 of 9

albums are great, but they make the area very congested and many do not want to wait to flip through the albums. i would do a few large collage panel poster prints to hang or stand on the table/easel and have the business name banner between them. they can also be printed with simple colred borders and you can use spray adhesive to attach them to a piece of foam board.

wal-mart will print poster collages up to 20in x 30in for $21. you upload your pics and order them online and either have them delivered or pick up at the store. I would showcase 6-8 of my most favorite cakes that showcase different techniques on each one of the panels.

this way, people can see at a glance your beautiful work and not have to wait in line to look at an album. it also makes a nice backdrop for your cake dummies and is easy to see when crowd is around.

best of luck!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%