Timing Question....

Baking By lilsis Updated 10 Mar 2011 , 10:25pm by OneCreativeCookie

lilsis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilsis Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 3:38pm
post #1 of 3

How much in advance can you make/frost cookies up and still be fresh?? I am making the heart bride/groom cookies for my niece's wedding in GA (I live in IL) on the 26th of March. I'm going to bake the cookies this week (at home) and freeze them. Can I frost them next week and have them still taste good 8-10 days later??? Do I bag them up immediately or wait until I get to GA?? I will be in GA the week before the wedding so I have 'some' time to frost cookies (while the wedding cake I'm also making bakes I guess!! LOL) but was hoping to get as much done ahead of time as I possible can!!

TIA

Amy

2 replies
Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 5:35pm
post #2 of 3

I don't know what anyone else would say, but I'm kind of fond of iced cookies that have hung around for a while. The flavor of the cookie seems to blend with the flavor of the icing in a very nice way. I'd bag them before I left for GA, but would give them 3-4 days to dry really well before I did it. I sure as heck wouldn't try to decorate and bag cookies while I was baking and decorating a wedding cake, but that's just me - I don't multi-task very well anymore! Best of luck. I'm sure they'll be beautiful!

OneCreativeCookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OneCreativeCookie Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 10:25pm
post #3 of 3

So funny icon_wink.gif I prefer a cookie that is practically right off the drying rack...everyone has their preference!

I generally tell my clients that they can keep their cookies at maximum freshness for 7 days from delivery if kept wrapped in the cello bag they come in and then stored inside an air-tight container. I almost always bake within 48 hours of delivery. On larger orders it has to be a little longer.

If you can do the cookies last few days before you leave and bake/ice/bag and then seal in tupperware for the travel, I think you'd be OK.

Have fun!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%