Pearls

Baking By jackiemcgrath Updated 8 Mar 2011 , 6:22pm by Marianna46

jackiemcgrath Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jackiemcgrath Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 1:01pm
post #1 of 2

Hey does anyone know where I can get peach and also grey pearls? Thanks a bunch!

1 reply
Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 6:22pm
post #2 of 2

No, but I can tell you how to make them. Roll out fondant to about 1/4" thickness. Take a #12 icing tip and cut little circles in the fondant. Roll each one of these into a ball and let them set. Voilá: a whole bunch of pearls all the same size. To get peach colored fondant, tint it with a little pink and yellow coloring. I don't know how dark a peach you want, but I'd start off with just a small amount of color - you can always add more. Grey is just light black. It's hard to dye fondant really black, but it's really easy to get the grey too dark, so go easy there, too. After you've made the pearls, you could brush them with pearl-colored luster dust. I find these so easy and so much fun, that I've even stopped shopping for pearl molds, which cost a small fortune and aren't the easiest things to work with. I made a Mardi Gras cake last year (in my photos) using bunches of pearls that I string on dental floss before I put them on the cake. That was when I decided I'd be making my own from now on!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%