Off White Coloring (Cream Colored)

Decorating By kailicap Updated 8 Mar 2011 , 11:40pm by kailicap

kailicap Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kailicap Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 12:28am
post #1 of 7

I am trying to come up with an off white or cream colored MMF. Does anyone know what color to try adding? Brown? Thanks!!

6 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 12:40am
post #2 of 7

also, wilton makes ivory color. just a touch of that would do. also using your dark vanilla would get it also.

sccandwbfan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sccandwbfan Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 1:16am
post #3 of 7

Be careful with Wilton Ivory, if you add just a touch too much it turns the icing a putrid orange color.

Christy

sharlanet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sharlanet Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 4:17am
post #4 of 7

I used Americolor Ivory and it worked great. You've gotten great advice about adding just a tiny bit. I learned the hard way and had to make a new batch of fondant. A little color goes a long way!

Cupcations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cupcations Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 4:24am
post #5 of 7

With my lime green & ivory cupcakes I used a touch of brown then added a smaller amount of yellow, always start with tiny amounts of coloring because they go a long way especially with light colors

joycesdaughter111 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joycesdaughter111 Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 4:28am
post #6 of 7

The best way to keep yourself from adding too much color to fondant or gumpaste is to break off a dime sized piece of fondant, add a dot of color to that, knead it in and then blend in your color a little at a time to your big batch.

I learned this the hard way REAL quick. Wilton ivory is beautiful in very tiny amounts only. thumbs_up.gif

kailicap Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kailicap Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 11:40pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks everyone! I appreciate the help!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%