Buttercream Dispensing Machine

Baking By Olenmetra Updated 9 Mar 2011 , 1:26am by Marianna46

Olenmetra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Olenmetra Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 10:05pm
post #1 of 6

Hey... I got an invite to be a vendor at a huge event that draw thousands of people. I will be doing several flavors of cupcakes and buttercreams. I was brainstorming to try and think of a way I could do this in a big way. I was thinking of renting icecream making machines (the kind the stir slowly and are refrigerated) and using that to swirl the buttercream right onto the cupcakes so the customer can choose which kind of buttercream they want.

Does anyone have any other ideas that would help me run this smoothly??? PLEASE...ANY IDEA WOULD BE GREAT!!!! Also I am going to limit the kind that I offer that day bcs I have to be able to keep up with the demand!

5 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 10:41pm
post #2 of 6

Is your b/c so thick/dense and heavy that it can be dispensed using a soft-serve ice cream machine?

Might want to check with a soft-service ice cream machine rep to make sure this will work for you. icon_smile.gif

HTH

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 10:58pm
post #3 of 6

I don't know if the ice cream machine idea would work. The first thought is you'd have to have the chill feature off (or your buttercream would be too stiff), second grease in that mechanism seems like a bad idea. The way you clean an ice cream machine is water...not sure you could get all the grease out without problems.

Are you trying to figure out how to do tastings for this many people or sell items to that many people. If you're selling them, I'd have them pre-done. If you're doing tastings...there are several threads on here regarding bridal shows and pre-packing the cake bites in those little plastic cups with lids.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 8:10am
post #4 of 6

24 inch piping bags hold a ton of icing. They are easy to handle once you get used to it. I read about it in Buddy's book and then saved an example from the show on my DVR. It is a huge time saver.

RedRoxx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RedRoxx Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 1:00am
post #5 of 6

If you "prep" a bunch of flavors into smaller "batches" as described in this decorating tip from newlywedws and just keep taking out the used plastic wrap and dropping in a new one, and keep the one's "on deck" in a cooler of sorts.

You can display the piping bags on one of these fancy upside down wine racks or similar and then make cute little "tea tags on the spirals on the rack to describe the frosting type and flavor.

I think this is what I would do anyhow.

Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 1:26am
post #6 of 6

Cool ideas, RedRoxx! Those frosting thingies that newlywedws describes are called "frosting plugs" and are a godsend when you have a lot of frosting to do!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%