Favorite Websites?

Business By TwoLittleEs Updated 9 Mar 2011 , 7:44am by TwoLittleEs

TwoLittleEs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TwoLittleEs Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 8:43pm
post #1 of 4

Warning: I'm a newbie but I searched around the forums for insight on this before posting, promise! icon_smile.gif

Are there any favorite bakery or decorator websites that you have? Any features on these sites that make them stand out for you, or that inspired you with your website?

I've actually designed several websites for small businesses, but none of them were in this industry. Now that I'm launching my cake deco business I'm stumped on how to design my own website! I know that I need items like a gallery, flavors, pricing list, info on me, testimonial page and contact info...but what extra features can make a difference?

Thanks for reading and THANK YOU, CC veterans for all of the priceless advice you've given us newbies!

3 replies
cerps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cerps Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 6:08am
post #2 of 4

Just search the top cake decorator sites in your area or those that are nationally known. Most likely they already did this research and you will see it on their sites icon_smile.gif

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 12:11am
post #3 of 4

http://www.themakery.com/index.php

I don't really like the layout of this site so it isn't truly a favorite but here's what I love about it...in their gallery most pictures include pricing info. This cake cost $x, it serves x and is fondant covered, etc. So much easier for customers to see what they can (and can't) afford than BC starts at $x per serving, fondant starts at $x per serving. A non cake person has a really hard time visualizing what 30 or 80 servings looks like.

TwoLittleEs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TwoLittleEs Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 7:44am
post #4 of 4

Elcee: That's a very original feature! It's true...most people don't understand pricing and serving size...this would be a great tool for them.

I'll definitely incorporate something like this on my site.

Thanks for your help!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%