Where/how To Purchase Wholesale Ingredients And Products?

Business By creationsbylisa Updated 8 Mar 2011 , 2:17pm by bluebell2331

creationsbylisa Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 6:55pm
post #1 of 4

Hi all - I've been doing custom cakes for a bit over a year now and haven't found an affordable store or site to buy bulk ingredients or items like cake boards, etc. I'd love to be able to get large amounts of powdered sugar, cake mixes, etc. The savings from Sam's club isn't that great and I'd like to be able to get it all from one place.
Also I'm looking for cake boards, boxes, etc at wholesale prices, but I don't need 50 or 100 at a time. And the shipping from most sites is really high.
Where do you guys get your supplies? Any good recommendations?
I'm in the Cincinnati area and normally shop at a local baker/supply house but am thinking there are better prices to be had.
Thanks!

3 replies
CWR41 Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 7:09pm
post #2 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by creationsbylisa

The savings from Sam's club isn't that great and I'd like to be able to get it all from one place.

Also I'm looking for cake boards, boxes, etc at wholesale prices, but I don't need 50 or 100 at a time.

One place might not carry everything for everyone's needs and at the right price... you might need to use several suppliers to take advantage of their deals, specials, and minimum order requirements. This thread may help:
http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-680250-supplies.html

To get true wholesale prices, you have to meet their minimum order and cannot order partial cases.

cakedout Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 8:44pm
post #3 of 4

Just spend some time online and google suppliers.

I buy my boards/boxes from a local wholesale paper supply company. We have a great local mill to buy flour and sugar, but there is also a wholesale distributor where I can get bulk flour, sugar, mixes, etc. Equipment and fondant I bought from CK Products (wholesale division). But remember, in order to purchase wholesale, you will have to meet their requirements: have a legit business (license) and be able to meet their minimums.

Hopefully another local decorator would be willing to share their vendor information with you.

bluebell2331 Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 2:17pm
post #4 of 4

i use B and G Paper for my boxes and boards

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%