Really Tall Dowel Rods

Decorating By MissCuteCupcakes Updated 7 Mar 2011 , 7:22pm by Tclanton

MissCuteCupcakes Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 5:53pm
post #1 of 6

i'm doing my very first stacked cake this weekend and i was wondering where can i find tall dowel rods to insert in the center of my cakes? i already have the normal 12" sizes for each tier, but i need the tall center dowel rod


5 replies
bakencake Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 6:07pm
post #2 of 6

try Home depot. they have really tall ones there and also hobby lobby has tall ones. hth

pattycakesnj Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 6:08pm
post #3 of 6

craft stores and hardware stores all have them

MissCuteCupcakes Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 7:04pm
post #4 of 6

thank you!

MissCuteCupcakes Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 7:08pm
post #5 of 6

one more thing. how thick should it be? my other dowels for each tiered cake is 1/4" thick, so should the tall middle dowel be the same thickness? or thicker?

Tclanton Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 7:22pm
post #6 of 6

I am not a professional by no means, but I get a thicker one for the center.

Quote by @%username% on %date%