Working In A Bakery/cake Shop

Business By Nick153452 Updated 7 Mar 2011 , 6:43pm by Unlimited

Nick153452 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nick153452 Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 4:58pm
post #1 of 5

I know I am probably not the most qualified, as I have never had the opportunity to do anything, but I have always loved baking. Do you think it would be probable that I could find a part time job working in one given that there really aren't many in Minnesota. What do you guys suggest?

4 replies
Baker_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Baker_Rose Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 5:09pm
post #2 of 5

These days most bakeries don't even "make" they pull from the freezer and put out product or they pull from the freezer and "bake". It is always a good experience and I say go for it!!

I never got REALLY good at writing on cakes until I worked in my first Grocery Store bakery and had to write ALL DAY on cakes. Improves your skills quick!!

icon_smile.gif

ChefAngie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChefAngie Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 5:16pm
post #3 of 5

Working in a supermarket bakery-loved it. I worked in a scratch bakery and Walmart.
Find out who suppliers are of some of every kind of product. Helped me with my business.
Happy Baking and Decorating,
Chef angie

Nick153452 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nick153452 Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 5:21pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefAngie

Working in a supermarket bakery-loved it. I worked in a scratch bakery and Walmart.
Find out who suppliers are of some of every kind of product. Helped me with my business.
Happy Baking and Decorating,
Chef angie

What do you think about good restaurants where to start? I have looked into a couple and they usually require some sort of experiences.. I don't know what to do.. I would really like to open up a shop some day, because I have always wanted to, even before the cake boss thing, but I just didnt' know it was possible.... I don't want to be uniquely cake though. I love doughnuts too. So what kind of supermarket do you think??

Unlimited Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Unlimited Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 6:43pm
post #5 of 5

It wouldn't hurt to apply. Even if they aren't hiring now, you could ask to have your application kept on file for when something does become available. Check for wholesale bakeries in your area too (you might be surprised how many there are), because if you're mainly interested in baking, they're going to be baking more than most bakeries and custom shops. (Although, part time might not be an option.)

You'll never regret the experience that you'll gain!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%