I Won At The San Diego Cake Show

Decorating By amygortoncakes Updated 7 Mar 2011 , 11:11pm by WykdGud

amygortoncakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amygortoncakes Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 4:27am
post #1 of 12

I am so excited I could die because I took home FIRST place for the amateur tiered fondant cakes. It's the UP cake in my pictures. There were so many awesome cakes in my division that I had told myself that I wasn't even going to place and was prepared for the worst when I walked in. But to my shock I had the blue first place sticker on my paper. I actually yelped with delight as by standers looked at me like I was crazy until I told them they were all staring at my cake. I am so happy all my hard work paid off.

Yesterday I saw the judges going around and several of them were people who have competed on TLC's Ulitmate Cake Off. I was so scared I wanted to take my cake and run.

I feel so bad for those that didn't place...everyone in this category was beyond beginner skills.

If you ever have a chance to compete...do it, it is great.

11 replies
Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 4:36am
post #2 of 12

Congrats! Your cake is great!

jo3d33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jo3d33 Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 4:47am
post #3 of 12

Congrats!!!! That is fantastic! Maybe one day I will have enough guts to compete???

KJ62798 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KJ62798 Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 4:59am
post #4 of 12

Congrats Amy! We talked after the show (mine was the blue/brown dahlia cake that came in 2nd to you)

Kristy

homebasedbaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
homebasedbaking Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 5:18am
post #5 of 12

Oh my that is just fabulous, congrats! Now don't stop...you're on your way!

sebrina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sebrina Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 5:25am
post #6 of 12

CONGRATS!!! GREAT JOB TOO! GOOD FOR YOU! icon_biggrin.gif

amygortoncakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amygortoncakes Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 4:29pm
post #7 of 12

Thanks everyone. I was telling my family on Saturday before the awards were announced that the best part of the whole thing was watching people come up to your cake and take pictures etc. Most of the cakes I have made people have picked up so I don't get to see that many reactions.

It was also super cool to meet so many fellow CC members there. Thank you to everyone for always being so friendly and open and willing to share tip and ideas. Its amazing that the cake community is so open.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 4:46pm
post #8 of 12

HI, i looked at your beautiful cake. You deserve the win. congratulations.

ycknits Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ycknits Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 4:57pm
post #9 of 12

When I saw the photo on Cake Central the other day, I had to call my husband in from the other room to see it. We both were amazed and in awe..... your cake was totally incredible! I'm so happy that your efforts and talents were recognized with this honor.

Bakerchick68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bakerchick68 Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 10:25pm
post #10 of 12

Amy,
Congrats,javascript:emoticon('icon_biggrin.gif')
Beth

linstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linstead Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 10:42pm
post #11 of 12

Amy - your cake is great! It was a great turn out this year.

WykdGud Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WykdGud Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 11:11pm
post #12 of 12

Congratulations! I know the feeling. The San Diego cake show was the first competition I entered, and even though I was technically a beginner, since I was also decorating for a bakery, I had to enter in the professional category and got "best of show".

It's an amazing feeling, and you deserved the win. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%