Black & White Men's Cupcake Tower

Baking By xTiffanyx Updated 7 Mar 2011 , 11:50pm by xTiffanyx

xTiffanyx Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 4:19am
post #1 of 8

I have to make a cupcake tower for this weekend for a 30th bday party (male). Choc & vanilla cupcakes & I have a white tower with black ribbon around each tier. Maybe was thinking all cupcakes in black wrappers or 1/2 black 1/2 white. Any suggestions how to decoration that are simple but nice & don't take too much time? They don't have any preference , just that 30" be incorporated with some of the cupcakes so was thinking doing that on with alternating white & black fondant. But what about the others? Any suggestions on how to make this tower simple, yet themed to the occasion without being gorky with flowers lol. I dint want to do anything hobby themed foe the others, only because I don't know him that well.

7 replies
Cupcations Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 6:11am
post #2 of 8

The worst thing to do is masculine cupcakes, I always run out of ideas icon_confused.gif
I did black & white not so long ago (see my blog),if you are using buttercream you can go with the pipiing & zebra-ish effect & maybe the spiky (star tip), classic swirls (1M)

xTiffanyx Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 4:28pm
post #3 of 8

Yes, I'll be using buttercream but maybe fondant decorations to make the "30". Thanks for the suggestions!

Btw if I make chocolate frosting will it come out exactly black or like a dirty brown if I add black coloring paste?

Cupcations Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 4:36pm
post #4 of 8

Yes you can start with chocolate, in fact I started with brown then went to black, FYI I used Americolor black which is IMO way better & stronger than the Wilton colors
Good luck with your order thumbs_up.gif

xTiffanyx Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 4:43pm
post #5 of 8

Just got the americolor. So I'll make choc buttercream then just add the black correct?? I checked out your cupcake blog.. Loveeee it & all of your creations... So pretty. How did you do all those diff roses & flowers??

Cupcations Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 5:02pm
post #6 of 8

Thank you Im glad you like it icon_smile.gif
Yes thats right chocolate to black, keep adding until you get the color you want, keep in mind that the batter will go one shade daker with time. Its best if you do the icing a couple of days prior, to give it enough time to settle
Whereas to the flowers & roses it took a lot of practice icon_rolleyes.gif I use tip#103 or 104 with 2 differnt colors in the piping bag

imagenthatnj Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 5:27pm
post #7 of 8

Maybe something like this but black and white?

xTiffanyx Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 11:50pm
post #8 of 8

Great! Thank you both!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%