Cake Cricut

Decorating By SophisticatedSweets Updated 7 Mar 2011 , 5:17am by KateLS

SophisticatedSweets Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 4:14am
post #1 of 4

I apologize if this questions has been asked before- when I did a search only a few prior posts came up and I kept getting an error message when trying to open them.

Has anyone purchased the Cake Cricut? If so, what are your thoughts on it? Is it worth investing in?

I have seen pictures of damask cakes that were done via the usage of the cricut and they look awesome! Then again...I see some people stenciling the same thing and the difference isn't obvious. Does the cricut save a significant amount of time or change the quality of your work?

If this is something you all recommend...where do you suggest purchasing it? I have seen some sites offering it at $150 where as other sites (and my local Hobby Lobby) offer it at $399. They look like the same cricut...maybe they have more in the package?

Any and all responses are greatly appreciated. icon_smile.gif

3 replies
SophisticatedSweets Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 4:24am
post #2 of 4

Good grief...I am looking at all of these different pages. The packages and information all looks the same but the prices vary tremendously! Does anyone know why the price difference? I must be missing something obvious. Might be time to take a cupcake time out!! icon_smile.gif

sebrina Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 4:52am
post #3 of 4

I love mine. I have the mini cricut. (That is prob the price difference you are seeing.) I do not write very well, so I use the lettering a lot. And I made a wedding cake using the snowflakes made with the cricut. It's all a preference. If you are tech savvy you will do better with it than if you are someone who gets frustrated with a learning curve. I was lucky enough to have one of my best friends help me. And he IS a tech person! icon_biggrin.gif

KateLS Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 5:17am
post #4 of 4

No difference. Just some places have them on sale. Our joanns had them for $199 and so sold me their last cake mini for $120. If it's $150 I'd say go for it! That's awesome!

I then suggest that you don't give up on figuring it out. Serious learning curve. =) I plan to also get scal (sure cuts a lot) so I won't have to buy any cartridges. The first cartridge does have a lot to work with too.

Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%