Tropical Cake/cupcake Flavors?

Decorating By cupcakesnbuttercream Updated 7 Mar 2011 , 2:55am by cupcakesnbuttercream

cupcakesnbuttercream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakesnbuttercream Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 2:18am
post #1 of 4

I'm planning a hula baby luau(shower) for a friend and wanted to try some tropical flavors for the cake/cupcakes.

Does anyone have any recipes that they use or have tried and loved?

I'm open to scratch recipes, but leaning more towards WASC (doctored) recipes, because I have flavored yogurts, Juice concentrates, and some extracts ready and waiting icon_smile.gif

*I also have some bananas and a few mangoes.

3 replies
Chrisl121070 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chrisl121070 Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 2:44am
post #2 of 4

One of my most popular flavors is pineapple with cream cheese icing. I've also done pineapple with coconut icing. icon_smile.gif

HappyCake10609 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HappyCake10609 Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 2:53am
post #3 of 4

I just did a bday cake for my grandfather-in-law, I wanted something tropical (it was completely up to me) and I did a vanilla/mango cake with key-lime buttercream. I just subbed the liquid in the WASC recipe for Mango nectar. It wasn't a strong mango flavor, but a nice light vanilla/mango combo. For the buttercream I just added a bit of the key-lime Lorann oil to my SMBC. Everyone loved it!

cupcakesnbuttercream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakesnbuttercream Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 2:55am
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisl121070

One of my most popular flavors is pineapple with cream cheese icing. I've also done pineapple with coconut icing. icon_smile.gif

Are you using real pineapples in your mix? or just flavorings?

I found a Pina Colada cake in the recipes section. It uses Rum as an ingredient. Is there anything I could use in place of the Rum?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%