Wedding Cake & Grooms Cake

Decorating By SweetsDecor Updated 7 Mar 2011 , 3:13am by corpsequeen

SweetsDecor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetsDecor Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 2:13am
post #1 of 2

My fiance and I are getting married in Nov (11.11.11) and are very excited. He's requested that I make his groom's cake b/c he LOVES my carrot cake. Was his one request for the wedding LOL.

I would also like to do a small cake for us to cut and the rest in cupcakes. Wedding's going to be about 120 people.

Thinking of doing red velvet, carrot, and white butter cake.

My question is:
- if you were a decorator/baker when you got married, did you do your own cakes? Thoughts, pros, cons, stories?

Trying to decide. I know that I can't settle for crappy cakes b/c I make a damn good cake and hold others to my standard. So, do I let someone else make my wedding cupcakes/cake and be critiquing their work OR do I just do it myself?

1 reply
corpsequeen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
corpsequeen Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 3:13am
post #2 of 2

I don't see anything wrong with doing it yourself as long as you know you don't have to push yourself too hard to get them done! Weddings are stressful enough as it is! But by making them yourself you know what you want and you know your going to get it that way.

Plus not only will you get compliments on how beautiful you look on your wedding day you'll get compliments on how delicious the cake is too icon_wink.gif lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%