Calling Cakearchitect! Please Help With The People Molds.

Decorating By AKS Updated 8 Mar 2011 , 1:58pm by AKS

AKS Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 11:06pm
post #1 of 4

Hi there. I saw your post about these on another thread and I didn't want to hijack. I have these plastic people molds and I can never use them properly. My biggest problem is the seam you get when trying to attach the front half and back half of the figures. In addition, how do you "glue" them together? What type of medium do you use for the body? For the glue? Do you dry the halves partially before you attach them? How full do you fill the molds? As you can see, these have me stumped! Any help you can give would be very much appreciated. I really want to be able to use these. Thanks in advance.

3 replies
Kitagrl Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 11:25pm
post #2 of 4

Are they those clear plastic people molds? I don't particularly care for mine....but what I did do the few times I used them was I actually cut the back of the person out of the mold so that I could squoosh them together instead of making each half separately.

cake_architect Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 8:57am
post #3 of 4

hello! i was scrolling through the forums and saw my name- i think this is the first time i've been summoned lol! anywho, the times i've made the figures they've been clothed so i haven't had to deal with too many seams =/ as far as putting them together, i've just used piping gel before. i usually attatch them when they are still soft that way i can rub the seam of the two halves together in an attempt to join them better (i hope that makes sense!) oh, and i always fill the mold up completely then use a knife to cut the back off before pulling the pieces out. hth!

AKS Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 1:58pm
post #4 of 4

Sorry for the summons! icon_wink.gif Thanks for the info. These have been a pain in my side for the longest time because I really want to use them!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%