Making A Tardis Cake?

Decorating By xSam12x Updated 6 Mar 2011 , 10:06pm by sugardugar

xSam12x Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 6:46pm
post #1 of 8

Hi, Ive been asked by a friend to make a tardis cake but im worried about the cake sinking, I was thinking of doing 3 layers of sponge, buttercream between 2 layers and jam the other, would this be ok or will it need dowels and a board in between to hold? Please help icon_smile.gif

7 replies
bobwonderbuns Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 7:20pm
post #2 of 8

Remind me, what is a tardis cake?

xSam12x Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 8:42pm
post #3 of 8

Doctor who telephone box ive attatched a picture hope it will show up :/ x

melave Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 9:00pm
post #4 of 8

hi all

from Dr who

Sam. i suppose it depends how big you are going to make it, I only made a small one so i put one dowel through it to hold it to the base cake

I don't have a lot of experience with big cakes so i am sure someone with more experience will come along with some great advice icon_smile.gif

bobwonderbuns Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 9:23pm
post #5 of 8

Okay thanks! I had something TOTALLY different in mind!! I thought it was that English fruit/nut cake that gets folded over like six or eight times (do you know what I'm talking about?) Anyway thanks for clearing that up! icon_biggrin.gif

Emmar308 Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 10:00pm
post #6 of 8

Bobwonderbuns - lol - thats a Lardy cake. Made me smile xx

bobwonderbuns Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 10:03pm
post #7 of 8

HA! I KNEW someone would know what I was thinking of!! icon_biggrin.gif

sugardugar Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 10:06pm
post #8 of 8

Dowel and board every 4" worth of cake or so. Look at it this way: when you don't, it may sink. When you do, it won't, makes it easier to cut, less chance of lower lvl buldging and fondant bubbles, etc.

Quote by @%username% on %date%