Buttercream Frosting...

Decorating By funtasticake Updated 6 Mar 2011 , 6:34pm by vtcake

funtasticake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funtasticake Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 4:58pm
post #1 of 3

When do u know when you put to much icing on the cake. what thickness or amouth should the cake have to considered it perfect amounth of icing,,???pls,, i am not use to just using buttercream to cover my cakes...and also i have a client that does not like buttercream..don't like fondant either...but, they want their wedding cake cake frost with buttercream. does anybody out there that has a very good buttercream recipe...i have try and used indydebie buttercream and i love it...but i am afraid that my client won't..help pls...thanks....

2 replies
CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 5:04pm
post #2 of 3

The perfect amount is when you can't see through to the cake beneath it. If you scrape off too much and see a bald cake, add more and smooth again.

vtcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vtcake Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 6:34pm
post #3 of 3

My recipe is 2 lbs of 10x powdered sugar, 3 sticks of butter, 1 or 2 tablespoons vanilla (depends on if I'm adding another flavor, then I cut back on the vanilla), and water to mix.

I love buttercream, so there's no such thing as too much for me to get the desired effect because the eaters can always scrape it off their piece.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%