Where To Find Full Body Male & Female Molds??

Decorating By princesscatt Updated 9 Mar 2011 , 5:28pm by princesscatt

princesscatt Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 4:56pm
post #1 of 9

I need to find molds to make people with....I was on global this morning but only found miniature parts...any idea where I can find regular size molds?

8 replies
cake_architect Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 6:06pm
post #3 of 9

cakeyouverymuch, those are the exact ones i was going to post! i have them and they work really well =D

cakeyouverymuch Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 6:25pm
post #4 of 9

cake_architect,

I've never used mine. My DH was checking out the petal dusts at PM Hobbycraft for me and saw them. He decided I needed at least 2 set of each. What medium do you use in them? Fondant? Gum paste? Do you have to freeze them for a bit to get them to release, or do you put something on the mold to help it release?

So many questions, lol!

princesscatt Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 1:30am
post #5 of 9

That is EXACTLY what I was looking for...here is what I have to make...do you think these will work??

http://technabob.com/blog/2009/11/03/zombie-wedding-cake/

cake_architect Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 3:29am
post #6 of 9

i've used both fondant and gumpaste in them and haven't really had a problem with releasing, i actually just leave a little bit of excess on the backside to be able to pinch that piece and pull the medium out (i then cut off the little excess, no biggie). if the fondant or gp is a little sticky, you could always put a bit of powdered sugar or corn starch in the mold first icon_biggrin.gif

princesscatt, i think they'd work well on the cake!

princesscatt Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 10:38pm
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by cake_architect

i've used both fondant and gumpaste in them and haven't really had a problem with releasing, i actually just leave a little bit of excess on the backside to be able to pinch that piece and pull the medium out (i then cut off the little excess, no biggie). if the fondant or gp is a little sticky, you could always put a bit of powdered sugar or corn starch in the mold first icon_biggrin.gif

princesscatt, i think they'd work well on the cake!

Thanks...I will keep you all posted!!

hrnewbie Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 3:31am
post #8 of 9

I don't have any advice to offer but just had to post becuase of that link you posted. That is the most insane cake I've seen! Thanks for posting it. Gave me a good laugh.

Zombies. You just can't escape them.

princesscatt Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 5:28pm
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrnewbie

I don't have any advice to offer but just had to post becuase of that link you posted. That is the most insane cake I've seen! Thanks for posting it. Gave me a good laugh.

Zombies. You just can't escape them.

When I got the call she started with " i have a weird request! " LOL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%