Hey...look What I Finally Did!! Proud Girl Here......

Decorating By BakerzJoy Updated 8 Mar 2011 , 12:26am by Spuddysmom

BakerzJoy Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 3:23pm
post #1 of 24

Well, it's official, I have moved to the next level of cake decorating and I am super proud.
A client asked for a cat in the hat cake she saw on CC. I desprately contacted the decorator to assist me. She never wrote me back, leaving me to try and do this on my own. I was a nervous wreck, but I mustered it up and just did the best I could and wala.....the finished product!!
Can anyone tell I'm a proud girl??

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1962716

23 replies
Rosiepan Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 3:28pm
post #2 of 24

You did an excellent job, well done.

luckylibra Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 3:32pm
post #3 of 24

That is awesome!!!! Great job, I am sure they were impressed. Did you airbrush the colors? Really neat design

BakerzJoy Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 3:41pm
post #4 of 24

Thank you, I didn't airbrush at all. I used MMF for everything and black food gel mixed with clear vanilla extract to paint the black outlining. It was actually kinda fun to paint, it was my first time painting.

Sorelle Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 3:41pm
post #5 of 24

Super job! You have a good reason to be proud! My sister always tells me "Feel the fear and do it anyway!" looks like you did. Congrats on your success!

mommynana Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 4:01pm
post #6 of 24

great job!! u should be proud

online_annie Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 4:24pm
post #7 of 24

You should be very proud! It's absolutely fantastic!

Mrs262 Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 4:25pm
post #8 of 24

Oh my gosh!! You did an amazing job!! I love Dr. Suess icon_biggrin.gif

AFBarbie Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 4:43pm
post #9 of 24

Absolutely beautiful! You did an amazing job.

Coral3 Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 9:48pm
post #10 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakerzJoy

Well, it's official, I have moved to the next level of cake decorating and I am super proud.
A client asked for a cat in the hat cake she saw on CC. I desprately contacted the decorator to assist me. She never wrote me back, leaving me to try and do this on my own. I was a nervous wreck, but I mustered it up and just did the best I could and wala.....the finished product!!

Great job thumbs_up.gif

...don't be too offended by the original baker not writing back with instructions. A lot of people get messages on here saying things like "Send me the instructions" but most of the time the original caker does not have a few spare hours to sit down and write out five pages of instructions...or there was so much involved in the cake that they just wouldn't know where to start even if they had time. Or maybe they haven't been on CC recently to get your PM - who's to say?

texastj Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 9:55pm
post #11 of 24

AWESOME JOB!!!!!

joknee Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 10:07pm
post #12 of 24

I was looking at your cake on the most-saved photos page and added it to my faves. OMG- your first??? You have the gift!!! Congrats!!!!!

joycesdaughter111 Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 12:26am
post #13 of 24

Sometimes getting out of your comfort zone is a great thing.....this is one of those times. The cake is fantastic! icon_wink.gif

thin4life Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 1:00am
post #14 of 24

You should be proud of yourself, you did a fantastic job!

josweets Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 1:05am
post #15 of 24

That cake is sheer perfection! LOVE IT. I felt the same way before doing the monster truck cake I did last week. It was my first and was very, very intimidated by it. I looked everywhere for a tutorial on how to build the frame for it. I saw many examples, but none where actual dimensions were given, etc. So, I muddled my way through it on my own and was very, very pleased with how it turned out. I took pictures through every step and plan to make my own step by step tutorial to post on my blog soon, to hopefully help others out there as lost as I was at first! LOL

Did you see Cakewrecks today? It's sunday sweets, and it's all Suess cakes. Yours should be there...it's THAT good.

corpsequeen Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 3:18am
post #16 of 24

Every right to be proud! Great work!!

pixiefuncakes Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 3:35am
post #17 of 24

THAT IS AN AMAZING CAKE, AND YES IT HAS TO BE WRITTEN IN CAPITALS - AMAZING!!

Jeff_Arnett Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 3:51am
post #18 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakerzJoy

Apparently you really didn't need anyone's help...that is beautiful! You did an excellent job!

TiffySue Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 5:06am
post #19 of 24

It is beautiful! Well if you ever get a free minute I would love to have the instructions to make it! icon_biggrin.gif

sebrina Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 5:29am
post #20 of 24

icon_surprised.gif WOW! Just WOW! Super impressed! Good for you!

BakerzJoy Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 1:38pm
post #21 of 24

Thank you soooooo much everyone. Your words are so encouraging and I appreciate it very much. I really couldn't have done this cake without my local Lowes guy. He went beyond helping and built my stand while we waited. I was completely worried about the stand before and now I'll keep going back to get his assistance if I ever get another order for a cake like this.
I am still shocked with this cake and I appreciate you all sharing in this joyful time with me.
Thanks again!!

Josweets....I did see cake wrecks. They were awesome!! With Dr. Suess's birthday last week, I wasn't surprised to see sooooo many of those kind of cakes.

cutiepiecupcake Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 11:42pm
post #22 of 24

OH WOW.. your cake is FREAKING AWESOME.. so neat and clean. Perfect. You deserve HUGE braggers rights icon_wink.gif LOVE it.

klutzy_baker Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 11:54pm
post #23 of 24

What a fantastic cake! I especially love the fish. You should give yourself a HUGE pat on the back for such excellent work!!

Spuddysmom Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 12:26am
post #24 of 24

You'd better be prepared to answer a whole lot of PMs cuz when folks see that cake they will be begging for advice/instuctions/video etc. Great job - super fun cake!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%