Quiltning On Stenciled Fondant?

Decorating By cupcakeluv Updated 9 Mar 2011 , 6:56pm by cupcakeluv

cupcakeluv Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 11:48am
post #1 of 6

Dear cakers

can you quilt fondant stenciled with a pattern?

5 replies
KarolynAndrea Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 4:12pm
post #2 of 6

Hmmmm...you probably can if you do the quilting pattern first, then stencil on top of it. But the stenciling might not be clean because of the indentations on the cake.

cupcakeluv Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 7:56pm
post #3 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarolynAndrea

Hmmmm...you probably can if you do the quilting pattern first, then stencil on top of it. But the stenciling might not be clean because of the indentations on the cake.

I also think so. maybe I should make some "tests" icon_smile.gif
thx for replying.

bakingkat Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 6:30am
post #4 of 6

I might try it both ways, I would stencil first then quilt, just make sure to quilt lightly so that it doesn't mess up the stencil.

bakingkat Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 4:22pm
post #5 of 6

I was thinking about this when I couldn't sleep last night, and I realized I didn't know your method for quilting. Obviously if you're using an impression mat for the quilting, it would have to be done first. I use diamond quilting cutters for my quilting, so it could be done after the fact. All depends on your method. Good luck!

cupcakeluv Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 6:56pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakingkat

I was thinking about this when I couldn't sleep last night, and I realized I didn't know your method for quilting. Obviously if you're using an for the quilting, it would have to be done first. I use diamond quilting cutters for my quilting, so it could be done after the fact. All depends on your method. Good luck!

Thankyou icon_smile.gif ; I am not useing impression mat. I think i will sencil first as you suggested, then quilt lightly.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%