Color Help Needed Please

Decorating By merriel Updated 6 Mar 2011 , 5:10am by merriel

merriel Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 4:47am
post #1 of 7

I just colored a batch of MMF and was going for a dusty rose-pink color and instead it turned out bright, bright pink. Any suggestions for making it less bright? I have added as much powdered sugar as I can - would mixing a bit of purple help? I am using wilton's colors. I would make another batch but my microwave just went out and I have to do it over a double boiler so it's a lot more time-consuming. Thanks in advance.

6 replies
Vanessa7 Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 4:53am
post #2 of 7

I wouldn't add purple but maybe a little brown.

NanaSandy Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 4:54am
post #3 of 7

I would try adding the white color that you can buy...Do you have any?

jenscreativity Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 5:00am
post #4 of 7

white color will help a lot..try that..

carmijok Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 5:00am
post #5 of 7

Definitely a little brown. Don't add to the whole batch...start small--experimenting until you get the color you want then you'll have a better idea of how much to add to the whole bunch. Don't forget to let it rest a bit too since colors ripen with time. Dusty rose has a little black in it too I think...but NOT much. I tend to experiment with all kinds of colors when I'm trying to match a certain one. But, like I said, I do it in small batches. good luck!

karabeal Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 5:04am
post #6 of 7

Do you have Wilton's burgundy color? I'd try adding some of that. I often use it to tone down and deepen my pink-ish colors.

merriel Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 5:10am
post #7 of 7

Thanks for the tips. I do not have white color but will try the brown. Thanks so much.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%