Freezing Question

Baking By dubs1027 Updated 8 Mar 2011 , 10:19am by Dayti

dubs1027 Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 2:43am
post #1 of 6

I serached for this, but after a few pages, did not see a thread even though I am sure there is one.

What is the longest time you have frozen cupcakes and they came out as good as they were when you put them in the freezer? What do you store them in while in the freezer? Thanks so much for any information given!

5 replies
Cupcations Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 3:56am
post #2 of 6

I've used cupcakes that were frozen for one month & they were still fresh & moist,you can probably freeze them longer but I tried one month only
Put them in an air tight container, I personally cover them with wax paper too to be on the safe side

platinumlady Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 4:28am
post #3 of 6

It depends on how you seal them before you freeze them. I bake them for class & the longest was almost 3 months before I use the last ones. But I think back to where family member freeze the top tier of wedding cake for their 1st anniversary and still was moist and tasted fresh.

dubs1027 Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 4:26pm
post #4 of 6

Ahh yeah, the top tier of the wedding cake, didn't think about that! I will definitely use the wax paper idea. Thanks for all of the input.

bvwilliams Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 4:04am
post #5 of 6

Can you still freeze them when they are already iced in buttercream?

Dayti Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 10:19am
post #6 of 6
Originally Posted by bvwilliams

Can you still freeze them when they are already iced in buttercream?

Yes you can, I've tried it, but you will get condensation form on the top of the icing as they thaw. It's fine, unless you have used coloured sprinkles, as the colour may run (it did on mine).

Quote by @%username% on %date%