Result Of Shipping Fondant Figures

Decorating By Price Updated 6 Mar 2011 , 1:19am by platinumlady

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 12:05am
post #1 of 3

I've recently had several people ask me how things turned out when I shipped Mr and Mrs Potato Head figures to Florida. I thought I would post my experience.

I live in MD and shipped Toy Story figures to my Daughter in Florida for my Grandson's 5th Birthday cake. This was the first time I tried shipping any of my figures and I thought it would be a good experiment.

I wrapped each figure in parchment paper, then Viva paper towels and then placed them in a plastic container like you get at the salad bar in the grocery stores. If there was any room in the container I filled the space with more paper towels in an attempt to keep the figures from shifting. The containers were then placed in a box for shipping with lots and lots of packing peanuts. I thought I had done a pretty good job of packaging them.

The Alien and Hamm made it with no damage at all.

Mr & Mrs Potato head had pieces of the brims of their hats break off and Mrs P had her pretty red lips fall off.

Woody lost his head!!!!

Luckily my daughter was able to glue things back together and the figures didn't look too bad. Woody got his head back, but his red scarf looked a little worse for wear.

If I try to ship pieces again I might just forget trying to use the plastic containers and instead wrap each piece in bubble wrap, put each one individually into a zip lock bag and then secure those in the packing peanuts.

If anyone has ever shipped figures and has some helpful hints on preventing damage I'd love to hear them!

2 replies
lecie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lecie Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 12:52am
post #2 of 3

Thanks for sharing!

platinumlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
platinumlady Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 1:19am
post #3 of 3

I'm glad your daughter was able to get them put back together. You are a lot braver than I am

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%