Baby Mold

Decorating By Lynn929 Updated 6 Mar 2011 , 12:12am by mimido

Lynn929 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lynn929 Posted 5 Mar 2011 , 11:11pm
post #1 of 5

Does anyone have the First Impression baby mold? If so which works better the fondant or Gumpaste. How long do you leave it in the mold and what is used to pop it out???? anything special? TIA

4 replies
christeena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
christeena Posted 5 Mar 2011 , 11:17pm
post #2 of 5

I have it and it couldn't be any easier to work with-just stuff a ball of fondant or gumpaste into the cavity and then peel back the mold walls carefully and coax out. I do pop it into the freezer for a few minutes so it won't disfigure. I have also used chocolate coatings and popped into the freezer for a bit.

HappyCake10609 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HappyCake10609 Posted 5 Mar 2011 , 11:34pm
post #3 of 5

I have that mold, and I agree, it's incredibly easy to work with! I've only used gumpaste in it, I just stuffed it in, trimmed the excess and then I popped it in the freezer for 5-10 minutes so I wouldn't damage it when taking it out. Just peel back the sides a bit to loosen and it comes right out!

christeena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
christeena Posted 5 Mar 2011 , 11:48pm
post #4 of 5

What HappyCake10609 said! I do pop it into the freezer for a few minutes with fondant or gumpaste, too!

mimido Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mimido Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 12:12am
post #5 of 5

I have this mold too,I've only used fondant with it so far , like the rest said very easy to work with .

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%