Question About Gp Roses

Decorating By madgeowens Updated 6 Mar 2011 , 3:08am by madgeowens

madgeowens Posted 5 Mar 2011 , 4:45am
post #1 of 8

I am trying to get a velvet look that a natural roses has, and luster dust and airbrushing does not work, anyone know how to get this natural finish look?

7 replies
icer101 Posted 5 Mar 2011 , 4:54am
post #2 of 8

After dusting them, are you steaming them?

icer101 Posted 5 Mar 2011 , 4:56am
post #3 of 8
madgeowens Posted 5 Mar 2011 , 5:41am
post #4 of 8

no I dont steam them....also do you dust as your making the petals or when its assempbled? Also when they say non toxic chalk are they talking about chalk for chalkboards?

Moondance Posted 5 Mar 2011 , 8:24am
post #5 of 8

you should very lightly steam your roses, then re-dust , making the cnetre darker and the edges lighter. It makes them look more velvety.

Can't help with the chalk, sorry - I only use petal dustsicon_smile.gif

icer101 Posted 5 Mar 2011 , 6:00pm
post #6 of 8

the chalks people talk about is in the art section at michales, etc. it is pastels. that is what is says on the box. when i teach flowers , we use them, I have dusting powders of all kinds also. Scott Clark Wooley uses them in his teachings and dvds. That is how i know about them. They do really good. I grind them in a electric grinder. I use it only for that. Then i put the dust in little bottles with plastic lids , that i get from michaels. hthI sent you 2 other how tos in my previous post. Great read!!!

madgeowens Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 12:57am
post #7 of 8

thanks icer, I did steam them and they look a little simmery.....not as much as when I airbrushed...I think I will get the chalk and try it

madgeowens Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 3:08am
post #8 of 8

ok then, one more way for Nanna to hurt herself haha steam burns are the worst

Quote by @%username% on %date%