Opinions Needed On Kopykake

Baking By writersblock15 Updated 6 Mar 2011 , 1:55am by Kiddiekakes

writersblock15 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
writersblock15 Posted 5 Mar 2011 , 12:44am
post #1 of 7

Before investing in a Kopykake I would like to know how well it works on small projects like cookies. I don't do much in the way of cake decorating so I'm wondering if it's worth purchasing just for cookies.

6 replies
GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 5 Mar 2011 , 2:01am
post #2 of 7

I use my Kopykake all the time for cookies! I like to use food color pens to draw the design on the cookie, then add the icing like you would a paint-by-number. It's also invaluable for adding any kind of writing to your cookies. It's well worth the money, IMO.

breyes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
breyes Posted 5 Mar 2011 , 4:32am
post #3 of 7

I just recently got one after reading other cc reviews. I love it!!! I used it just recently for my daughter's scooby doo cookies and am planning on using it for some Easter cookies. I don't have to worry about freehanding my cookies anymore. I can just trace the image and it comes out perfectly. HTH

cakeandpartygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeandpartygirl Posted 5 Mar 2011 , 4:54am
post #4 of 7

I use my kopycake for a lot of things!! It has been worth the investment a thousand times over!!!

OneCreativeCookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OneCreativeCookie Posted 5 Mar 2011 , 2:35pm
post #5 of 7

I will just add my vote of "Absolutely worth the money!" to the mix. I found that it expanded what I was capable of doing by leaps and bounds. I probably use it on 20-25% of my cookies. Even for things I was doing freehand that didn't seem all that hard (a circle in the middle of a flower cookie) are just easier to make consistent with the projector.

I have a very light-filled kitchen and while I work mostly at night, I have used it in the kitchen during the day and it's really not bad.

I bought mine at Madison Art. They had two listings for the same machine - one in the art section and one that was more directly for cake work (don't remember exactly) but $20 difference in price! I called the office and they were kind enough to inform me that they were the same machine and recommended buying the less expensive one - which I did. BTW, I bought the one on the stand (not the clamp) and it's great.

Now, I'm ready for an edible image printer icon_wink.gif

breyes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
breyes Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 1:47am
post #6 of 7

I also bought mine from Madison Art and I googled for a coupon prior to purchasing and found a 5% off coupon. I bought the K1000.

OneCreativeCookie - I also am looking to get an edible image printer!!! It is on the list of things I want!

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 1:55am
post #7 of 7

I have one also and like everyone has said..one of my most used and loved cake decorating tools!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%